Dance of Asian America (DAA) is holding annual auditions for new members. Auditions are open to public and we welcome dancers of all ages and ethnicity. DAA Company offers so many benefits to our members (over $1,000 in value) such as:
1) FREE weekly classes
2) amazing performance opportunities with NO STAGE FEES at Miller Outdoor Theatre (5 times a year at East Meets West, Journey Through China, Splendid China), Wortham Theatre, Discovery Green and so much more.
3) No costume rental fee for DAA company dances
4) Discount on Competition fees for your mini project/private class dance
5) Ticket to DAA's Annual Dancer Banquet
and so much more!
6) Masterclasses by renown artists from around the world!
DAA is so grateful for support from the City of Houston, Miller, parents, corporations and individuals who make it possible for bring these amazing benefits to DAA dancers.
DAA values the time of our parents and children. Over the past 35 years, we have developed a system that efficiently trains amazing dancers in just 3 to 6 hours per week. The quality of our dancers and performances speaks volumes on how effective DAA’s training is.
Audition Dates and Times are as follows:
Startet Company - Requires 3 hours per week
(6-7 years old) - Sept 8 @ 11:00-11:30am
Youth Company - Requires 3 hours and 45 min per week
(8-9 years old) - Sept 8 @ 1:15-1:45pm
Apprentice Company - Requires 4.5 hours per week
(10-11 years old) - Sept 8 @ 2:00-2:30pm
Junior/ Senior Company - Requires 6 hours per week
(12 years and up) - Sept 8 @ 4:00-4:30pm
Arrive at least 10 min before your audition time to check in at Dance of Asian America Studios (9889 Bellaire Blvd. C-335,)
Attire: Leotard, tights, ballet shoes.
No need to prepare any routine.
We will have a meeting to give details and answer questions for all DAA company members shortly after the audition results come out.
If you have missed the group audition in Sept, you may schedule an audition by contacting our office: 832-630-5048. Thank you!